What to do when your Stainless Steel Measuring Cups & Spoons arrive..
Learn how to best utilize your KPKitchen stainless steel measuring cups & spoons set with our instructions below!
Congratulations on upgrading your baking game!
If you're like most of our customers....
You're going to love your Stainless Steel Measuring Cups & Spoons Set!
Before anything, why not join the KPKitchen Baking Is My Therapy community on Facebook, this is a community for all the women who would like to share & connect with others who just love baking for how it makes them feel. Click here to request to join!
Before you get started, watch this short video showing how to use your measuring cups & spoons set for best results!
How Do I Use the KPKitchen Measuring Cups & Spoons?
- Dry ingredients like flour and sugar are best measured in dry measuring cups. There are many methods for filling a dry measuring cup—sifting, spooning, scooping—and believe it or not, the method by which you fill a dry measuring cup can seriously alter the mass of the ingredient you're measuring
- We recommend our standard technique which is called the "dip and sweep."
- To do it, have your dry ingredient in a wide-mouthed bag or jar. Dip your dry measuring cup into the container and lift it out, letting the dry ingredient overflow from the top.
- Use the leveler spoon from your set to level off the top.
- A properly measured dry cup of flour should have a flat top surface that is level with the brim of the cup.
5 Most Asked Questions
1. Are the stainless steel measuring cups and spoons dishwasher safe?
- Yes, both the cups and spoons are dishwasher safe to make cleanup quick and easy! We only use the highest quality 18/8 stainless steel so you can just place them in the dishwasher.
2. Will these measering cups and spoons measure dry and liquid ingredients?
- The measuring cups & spoons are mostly for dry ingredients but you can definitely also use them (especially the spoons) to measure liquids :)
3. How do I get the spoons and cups off the ring? The ring will hardly open.
- To open the ring you need to find the seam where they come together (it looks like a squiggly line). Then you pull one side while pushing the other side and it should seperate with little effort.
4. Does the measuring cup bend if used to scoop out Peanut Butter from jar or to scoop up cookie dough ?
- The measuring spoons and measuring cups are all made out of a 1-piece construction. We only use the highest quality 18/8 stainless steel, so the handles won't bend or break in any way.
5. What can I use the leveler for?
- The leveler is perfect for portioning and to remove excess ingredients so that you can bake more accurately.
Why Measuring Accurately is So Important?
Proper measuring is a crucial part of successful baking. Unlike cooking, where you can often get away with eyeballing the amount of ingredients you put in the dish—a ball of mozzarella, a knob of butter, three tomatoes—baking is chemistry and requires precision. Add too much flour to cake batter and the cake may come out tough and dry. Not enough flour and you risk ending up with a badly structured cake that will collapse in the oven.