Chocolate S’mores Cups
Summer is the season for S’mores! Is there anything better than two graham cracker cookies sandwiched between a melted marshmallow and a piece of chocolate? These Chocolate S’mores Cups are a close second! Not only are they delicious, but they’re really fun and easy to make. They can also be made all year round!
The ingredients for Chocolate S’mores Cups
The only thing stopping you from making this delicious treat is 5 ingredients and KPKitchen’s Silicone Mini Muffin Baking Pan. The ingredients are simple and make up all parts of a traditional S’more! This dessert will take you right back to your childhood. Each ingredient plays an important part.
- Graham Cracker Crumbs: Are the foundation of the recipe and are a traditional flavour for S’mores.
- Butter: Adds flavour and helps bind the graham cracker crust together.
- Granulated Sugar: Is used to sweeten your graham cracker crust
- Chocolate Chips: Are an essential ingredient in this recipe. They add richness and sweetness to your marshmallow cups.
- Marshmallows: The star of the show! This dessert wouldn’t be S’mores without a marshmallow.
Chocolate S’mores Cups
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time||Yield|
|20 Minutes||13 Minutes||33 Minutes||
24 Chocolate S'mores
|Graham Cracker Crumbs||1 1/2||Cups||150 g|
|Unsalted Butter (melted)||6||Tbsps||84 g|
|Granulated Sugar||2||Tbsps||24 g|
|Chocolate Chips||1||Cup||175 g|
|Optional: Top with chocolate squares||24||Pieces||-|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease your KPKitchen Silicone Mini Muffin Baking Pan.
2. In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk together graham cracker crumbs and sugar. Add your melted butter and mix until combined.
3. Evenly distribute the graham cracker mixture into the mini muffin cups. Using roughly 1 tablespoon per cup.
4. Using your tablespoon measuring spoon, press down the crumbs to form a shallow cup.
5. Bake for 8 minutes.
6. While the graham cracker cups are baking, cut your marshmallows in half (horizontally.) Set aside.
7. Once removed from the oven, press down the crumbs again to reform a shallow cup.
8. Next, add your chocolate chips to each cup (roughly 6-8 chocolate chips per cup.)
9. Add a marshmallow to each cup and return to the oven. Bake for 3 - 5 minuets or until the marshmallows begin to brown on the top.
10. Optional, garnish with a chocolate square.
Tips when making these at home!
Tip 1: If you don’t have graham cracker crumbs, you can make your own using graham crackers. Toss your graham crackers into a high speed blender or food processor and grind into a powder.
- Tip 2: Pay close attention when you’re browning your marshmallows. Similar to roasting marshmallows over a camp fire, they will burn very quickly. Bake for 3-5 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Tip 3: After you take the graham cracker cups out of the oven, you’ll need to reshape the cups before you add the chocolate chips and marshmallows. Make sure you do this before the graham cracker cups completely cool and harden.
- Tip 4: For best results use out KPKitchen Silicone Mini Muffin Pan. Our 24 cup silicone mini muffin pan is made out of the highest quality 100% pure European LFGB grade silicone which is BPA free silicone and has no additives & no plastic fillers.
Recipe and Image contributed by @wholesome.homemade