Easy to Make Chocolate Chip Muffins
This Chocolate Chip Muffin recipe is one of the best! They are big in size, flavour and texture. They are super soft and fluffy and their bakery style muffin top is perfection! Not only are they delicious, but they’re very easy to make. You’ll never turn to another Chocolate Chip Muffin recipe again.
The ingredients for these Chocolate Chip Muffins
Aside from the flavour and texture, you’ll be pleased with the number and the simplicity of ingredients in this recipe. You will likely have all the ingredients already in your pantry. Each ingredient plays an important part in making these muffins so delicious. Let’s dive into the importance of each ingredient!
- Flour: This recipe uses All Purpose Flour. This flour is the foundation for your Chocolate Chip Muffins. Using a different flour will alter the texture, flavour and rise of your muffins.
- Granulated Sugar: Is used to sweeten your muffins.
- Baking Powder and Baking Soda: They are both leavening agents which are used to help your muffins rise.
- Salt: Salt will enhance the flavour of your muffins and works wonders in recipes with chocolate!
- Vanilla Extract: Is used to enhance flavour.
- Eggs: Will bind the ingredients, help your muffins rise, lend moisture and add richness.
- Butter: Adds flavour and moisture.
- Milk: Adds moisture, flavour and structure to your muffins.
- Chocolate Chips: The most important ingredient. It wouldn’t be chocolate chips muffins without them!
Chocolate Chip Muffin Recipe
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time||Yield|
|10 Minutes||30 Minutes||40 Minutes||12 Muffins|
|All Purpose Flour||2 1/4||Cup||270 g|
|Granulated Sugar||3/4||Cup||150 g|
|Baking Powder||1 1/2||Tsps||8 g|
|Baking Soda||1/4||Tsp||1 g|
|Vanilla Extract||1||Tbsp||13 g|
|Unsalted Butter (melted)||1/2||Cup||113 g|
|Milk (room temperature)||1 1/4||Cup||160 g|
|Chocolate Chips||3/4||Cup||130 g|
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and grease your KPKitchen Silicone Muffin Pan.
2. In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk until combined. Set aside.
3. In a separate mixing bowl, combine vanilla, egg, melted butter and milk. Whisk until combined.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Using a spatula, fold the ingredients together until they are just combined. Do not over mix.
5. Next, fold the chocolate chips into the batter.
6. Divide the batter evenly into each muffin cup, filling all the way to the top.
7. Bake your muffins at 400 degrees F for 10 minuets and then reduce the temperature to 350 degrees F for 20- 25 minutes. The muffins are done when they become golden brown on top or an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
8. Allow the muffins to cool for 10 minutes in the pan before serving.
How to make the best Chocolate Chip Muffins
This Chocolate Chip Muffin recipe is so easy! Here are a few tips to ensure you bake the perfect batch of muffins.
- Tip 1: Their is a secret to tall muffin tops. Fill your muffin cups all the way to the top. Bake your muffins for 10 minutes at 400 degrees F and then reduce the heat to 350 degrees F for an additional 20 - 25 minutes. The initial high heat temperature allows the muffins to rise quickly and create a tall crust.
- Tip 2: When you’re combining the wet and dry ingredients, don’t over mix. This is a very important step. When you mix the flour with the wet ingredients it activates the gluten proteins which gives your muffins structure. Over mixing can lead to chewy or dense muffins.
- Tip 3: For best results use out KPKitchen Silicone Muffin Pan. Our 12 cup silicone muffin pan is made out of the highest quality 100% pure European LFGB grade silicone which is BPA free silicone and has no additives & no plastic fillers.
Recipe and Image contributed by @wholesome.homemade